CCTV maintenance is essential for any business or organisation to ensure their CCTV monitoring is functioning as intended. Cerberus’ CCTV maintenance services are designed so that your business is not in a vulnerable position due to inactive, ineffective, or unoperational CCTV. We run a robust planned, preventative CCTV maintenance programme to ensure your premises and assets continue to be protected 24/7, 365 days a year.
Why Do You Need CCTV Maintenance?
Without routine, preventative maintenance, your CCTV system is far more likely to develop faults or, worse still, fail completely. If CCTV monitors are not manned you may even be unaware a problem exists until the time evidence is required from the cameras.
If you’re aware the CCTV system is not functioning correctly you’re left to rely solely on the visual deterrent effect of CCTV but, without being able to access or use crucial CCTV footage when you need it as evidence.
The risk of any business premises being breached, vandalised and assets stolen is high enough as it is, but without routine checks and a maintenance service for your CCTV system the costs associated with this are potentially huge, and will always be more the cost of CCTV maintenance itself.
CCTV Maintenance Services
Our CCTV maintenance services encompass all CCTV components to ensure all aspects of your CCTV are working as intended, including:
- Recording equipment
Our regular CCTV maintenance inspection includes:
- Camera lenses cleaned and debris removed.
- All cameras are inspected for damage, wear or degradation.
- Cameras have not been vandalised or interfered with in any way.
- The cameras have adequate view of the key areas they are monitoring.
- If any areas have since been obscured by foliage, for example, that this is assessed and recommendations made to clear the area as soon as possible.
- Any related motion detection setup is functioning and firing as anticipated.
- If the cameras are controlled remotely, we’ll ensure the PTZ (Pan, Tilt & Zoom) is functioning as intended and in real time.
- Ensuring all fixings that contain and protect the camera and attach the camera to the tower and/or wall are fastened securely.
When assessing the wiring of the CCTV system, we make sure:
- There is no exposed or damaged wiring.
- There are no loose wires.
- Wiring has not been tampered with.
- The picture and sound transmission (if applicable) is clear and not affected by the incidental movement of any wires.
When reviewing the monitoring and reception CCTV equipment, we ensure:
- All monitors are showing a clear picture, as intended.
- All operational switches and related equipment are functioning.
- All contrast, brightness and picture settings are set appropriately to cater for different light and weather conditions to ensure the clearest picture with the current setup.
- All footage is time and date stamped correctly.
- All recordings are backed up, stored for the appropriate amount of time.
- All stored recordings can be accessed, transferred and played back immediately and without issues.
Cerberus offers routine CCTV maintenance and inspections at varying intervals based on your requirements and the nature of your CCTV setup. For example, CCTV within private property is less likely to be damaged than a CCTV camera located on a high-traffic street and accessible to the public. This is one such variable we will assess when recommending how regular your CCTV maintenance should be.
In general, we would recommend CCTV maintenance once a month, with a deeper review and assessment of your CCTV requirements once a year following our initial consultation.
Our CCTV maintenance services can be combined with Cerberus’ own CCTV monitoring, fixed CCTV services, temporary security systems and wireless detection systems for secure monitoring of your premises.
Why Choose Cerberus?
As one of the UK’s leading independent security solution providers, we have helped residential and commercial premises and local and central government enhance their security for over 20 years.
We pride ourselves on offering tailored solutions to every business and organisation we work with, backed by years of security experience. We not only provide the security solution you need now, but one that will help your business remain secure into the future – with regular reviews to understand your changing security requirements.
Our Alarm Receiving Centre (ARC) is Gold Standard certified by the UK’s National Security Inspectorate, so you can rest assured your premises is monitored and protected around the clock. So no matter if you are looking for residential or commercial security, vacant property security or to protect your construction site – Cerberus is the solution for your security problem.
Contact our team today to discuss a CCTV maintenance service package that works for you, or browse the rest of our security offerings across CCTV hire, Physical Security, Electronic Security, Vacant Property security and CCTV Monitoring.